Wednesday, September 22, 2010

In Marriage and Money, "Do I have To Give Up Me For We"?

Being a Couple Financial Coach, I get ask this question time and time again, especially when I am dealing with a more mature couple (over 30-years old) or a couple entering into a second marriage.

I get into long debates with traditional "Christian" women that swears that all the money should go into one pot and the "my money" becomes our money.  Unfortunately most men don't see things that way, or better yet the person that makes more money doesn't see things like that.

My now ex-husband and I tried in the beginning of our marriage to put all our money in one checking account, but soon it got ugly.  I wanted to know why he spent so much on video games and crazy items that meant nothing to me.

I can honestly say that money wasn't the reason for our marriage ending and we are still on friendly terms.  But money is in the top five reasons for divorce.  I would have probably been in the statistic if we hadn't used the "You, Me, and We" method.

Basically, we were able to keep our individual accounts while creating both a join checking and savings for our household expense and future goals.

If you would like to know more, go to our contact page and enter "You, Me and We" method.

Warm regards,

Dina Harbour, Extraordinaire
CEO & Host of Women Obtaining Wealth
Women Obtaining Wealth Organization
W.O.W. Conversations on Internet Radio, Sundays @ 9p EST
Call-In # for show: (646) 478-5836
Stay Connected to W.O.W. download our customized toolbar today!
Recommend Me!

Posted via email from Women Obtaining Wealth's Blog

No comments: