Friday, January 1, 2010

Controlling the Environment In Which You Dream

Women Obtaining Wealth
Women Obtaining Wealth Internet Talk Show



In listening to an interview on one of my many mentors, I heard him talking about the importance of controlling one’s environment. I found this fascinating because I felt such a strong desire to move away from my immediate family and start over in another state where I barely knew anyone.

While he was speaking I realized that I used my move to control my surroundings. I felt that the people and things that I was encountering on a daily basis were toxic. My job was draining my creativity because more and more I had to conform to management standards of operation and procedures. Even when I tried to introduce more effective procedures (what I was hired to do) they were reluctant to implement the changes. It was like fighting with your parents. Who do you think is going to win?

Other visual and personal things were going on as well. So I decided that a change in scenery and career was what I had to do. Leaving a “good” job and the security of close family and friends are not easy but sometimes very necessary for growth to occur.

In bringing in this New Year, I hope you take a moment to examine your environment. Look around you. Are you watching too much negative television, chatting too much with friends about negative issues, hating your job? Try making changes to your life that will lead you in the direction of your heart and your purpose. The journey is truly rewarding.

By: Dina Harbour, ExtraoDINAire
Financial Literacy Coach

No comments: