Thursday, November 10, 2011

Money & Marriage:

Moneyandmarriage

Money & Marriage:
The commitment of marriage is a wonderful and powerful bond. Today women are getting married at ages older than previous generations, therefore most have already established a financial identity, meaning credit, bills, and in some cases a home. I, myself was 31 when I got married and had already established a financial life. My then husband and I had very different philosophies about money. It took us almost 2-years to create a comfortable system when we combined our incomes and financial spending habits. I tell my clients I use to cringe when he purchased video games and cigarettes. He thought I wasting money on weekly hair salon visits. Eventually we worked it out. We divorced after 10 years, but are still very good friends to this day. We never let money get more powerful then our relationship. Be honest about your "financial philosophy" with your partner and create a system that will make both of you powerful and equals when it comes to money.

Warm regards,
Dina Harbour, Extraordinaire
CEO & Host of Women Obtaining Wealth
Founder of Kids And Money Program or K.A.M.P.
Office: (
678) 310-5131 (Mon-Fri 10a-4p EST)
Ezine's Author Expert! Follow me on Facebook/Twitter
It's time for your child to discover the correlation between math & money. Send them to KAMP!
Stay Connected to W.O.W. download our customized toolbar today!

Posted via email from Women Obtaining Wealth's Blog

No comments: